What causes climate change? (Tell me more!)
- Carbon dioxide traps heat in the atmosphere, causing temperatures to rise.
- For the past 800,000 years, atmospheric CO2 been less than 300 ppm
- In the past 50 years, atmospheric CO2 has increased to 400 ppm
- Very rapid CO2 increase destabilizes system
How is climate change already affecting the earth? (Tell me more!
- 16 of the 17 hottest years ever have occured since 2000
- The ocean is warming, rising and becoming more acidic
- Glaciers, sea ice and snowpacks are melting
- Hurricanes, droughts, fires and winter storms are getting worse
How can I reduce my personal carbon footprint? (Tell me more!)
- Eat plants and reduce food waste
- Rethink your commute
- Buy less stuff
What political actions can help fight climate change? (Tell me more!)
- Urge your city and state leaders to switch to 100% clean electricity
- Stop construction of fossil fuel infrastructure, such as pipelines.
How can I communicate with those who doubt climate change? (Tell me more!)
- Reduce identity threat.
- Focus on solutions more than problems.
- Talk about money and jobs.
- Devalue the conspiracy
- Teach the children