Every year, Blog Action Day focuses on an important issue facing the world and asks all bloggers to post on the issue at the same time. This
year the issue is, as you have probably guessed, climate change.
We thought we would take this opportunity to give you a snapshot of what’s happening around here today, and just remind you of some of the important ways that people of faith around the country are participating.
- Our founder, the Rev. Canon Sally Bingham is currently in Arizona, at the official launch of Arizona IPL and giving a keynote lecture tomorrow at the Episcopal Diocese of Arizona Conference, after stops this month in University Park, PA for the Religion and the Ethics of Climate Change Conference, Wisconsin for the Interfaith Earthkeeping Conference, New York, and Washinton D.C. Next week, she will be on her way to New Orleans to meet with Patriarch Bartholomew. She’s been keeping us updated with photos from Arizona all day from her iPhone.
- We’ve been excited to hear about everyone’s plans in the faith community for the 350.org’s Oct. 24th Day of Action. Maine IPL will be gathering at the Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception to ring the bell 350 times, raising a ruckus both for a strong agreement in Copenhagen and to get the attention of their senators to pass the climate bill.
- California IPL has been gearing up for the Third Annual Energy Oscars on Nov. 10 at Grace Cathedral here in San Francisco.
And here’s a reminder about all the ways you can get involved:
- Join thousands of others in sending a message to your senators urging them to pass the Clean Energy Jobs and American Power Act.
- Visit your state’s Interfaith Power and Light.
- Sign up for email alerts and join the IPL Online Activist Team for more frequent action alerts.
- Discount prices for energy-efficiency products: ShopIPL.org – Coupon code: shopipl
- Measure your congregation’s carbon footprint: CoolCongregations.com
- Purchase a copy of Love God Heal Earth by Sally Bingham
- Connect with IPL on: Facebook | Twitter | Subscribe to the IPL Blog