Interfaith Power & Light’s 2020 Faith Climate Justice Voter Campaign helped mobilize faith voters to vote their values of caring for Creation and loving our neighbors. Thank you to all who were part of our historic 2020 faith-climate justice voter mobilization campaign!
Together with our state affiliates in AZ, MN, WI, MI, NH, VA, and NC, and our faith partners we contacted over 1.1 million voters of faith to urge them to vote with climate in mind.
Interfaith Power & Light’s campaign:
- Texted over 250,000 infrequent voters of faith who are alarmed about climate change in Arizona, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, New Hampshire, and North Carolina
- Distributed 15,000+ multi-issue values voter guides, which included climate action and care for Creation as a key values voter issue
- Collected 6,400+ pledges to vote with climate justice and Creation in mind
- Inspired 1,296 climate pledge signers to also get three friends to vote
- Reached millions of people through dozens of media articles in religious and mainstream outlets, from Forbes to the National Catholic Reporter to New Hampshire Public News.
Thank you to all the volunteers across the IPL network who had a hand in helping us achieve these numbers! You made this possible.
You texted voters, distributed voter reflection guides, hosted events and activities at your congregations, shared social media content, wrote op-eds and letters to the editor, chalked sidewalks in front of your congregations, recorded videos of why you were voting your values, collected pledge postcards, registered voters, and more!
Thank you for your faithful witness during this election season.
Americans voted at record high levels-it’s clear that climate was an important issue in this election. Now we turn our attention to calling on our elected officials to act. Pledge to join with other people of faith to demand that it’s time to act on climate change and sign up to get involved.