I have decided and am fully committed again, more than ever before, to take our issues to the everyday voter by connecting personal survival concerns to the ballot box. I will no longer be caught up in lengthy discussions on the latest “breaking news story,” but I am compelled to concentrate on gut level issues as to why every vote— NO— why YOUR vote is critical for YOUR personal existence. It literally comes down to life or death.
Every one of us has a moral and an ethical mandate to turn out the vote or suffer the current and emerging catastrophic results. I realize that I am speaking to those of you, who already know the devastating negative impact if we do not give it our all the next 90 days.
We need all of you to help turn out the vote. We CAN, we MUST, and we WILL prevail “if we faint not.”
IPL’s Faith Climate Justice Voter Campaign offers tools for you to get involved in helping turn out the vote:
- Help collect pledges, invite your faith community to take the pledge at FaithClimateJusticeVoter.org.
- If you are a faith leader, sign up to give a sermon on the importance of voting.
- Record a video about why you are a faith climate justice voter and share it with your friends and family. IPL has made it easy, use this link.
- Download the faith voter reflection guide or order hard copies of the guide. Use the reflection questions to have discussions with your congregation.
- Sign up to volunteer with the campaign.
- Make sure your faith community is registered to vote and their registration is up to date with their current address. IPL has resources to help here.
Never ever forget that: “WE ARE ON THE WINNING TEAM”.
A note of encouragement in the thick of the BATTLE!!
Co-laborer & warrior,