Congregation Albert in Albuquerque, New Mexico, is taking steps to Green its Congregation in response to the 10% Challenge. These include:
- Placing recycle containers in busy locations with instructions on how to properly use them.
- Instituting Composting and a worm bin in the School wing
- Purchasing compostable products rather than disposable
- Encouraging Green fundraisers such as selling Reusable Bamboo Bags
- Starting a Green Team led by a national leader in environmentalism and green practices.
- Growing food and teaching students about Sustainable Agriculture and buying local and seasonal
- Educating the parents in the community about environmentally safe parenting choices
- Reevaluating the cleaning equipment and cleaning solvents with an eye on protecting the environment
- Having an energy evaluation on lighting in order to reduce our carbon footprint
- Encouraging members to carpool and they have started a carpool list within the school program
- Promoting reuse and reinvent in their early childhood center pertaining to art projects.
And they say this is just the beginning!