Interfaith Power & Light, in cooperation with the state affiliates, has developed some criteria that are common to all state affiliates. If you would like to form an IPL in your state, please contact us by email or by calling 415-561-4891. But first, make sure your project or seed of a project fits or will fit the guidelines below:
- Is faith-based and inclusive of multiple faith traditions.
- Has a steering committee or board of directors that includes ordained religious leaders.
- Advocates for clean energy, conservation and responsible stewardship of Creation in response to global warming.
- Will adopt the essential components of the Interfaith Power and Light mission:
Interfaith Power and Light is mobilizing a religious response to global warming in congregations through the promotion of renewable energy, energy efficiency, and conservation.
- Has a written work plan and timeline that provides a description of your strategy for taking action and raising funds.